I eat a fair bit of cabbage and cauliflower as they are good vegetable choices if one is trying to watch one’s carbohydrate intake. I like to experiment to keep things interesting though and this little side dish I put together is one I have eaten several times recently. It has a bit of a Mediterranean flavor to it and is very satisfying…
- ¼ Cauliflower (in florets with some of the greens chopped up coarsely);
- ½ a small Onion, sliced into thin shreds;
- 1 pinch each Garlic Salt, Pepper, dried Thyme and Parsley;
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil;
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan Cheese;
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato Sauce;
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Dry White Wine;
- 2/3 Cup Grated Cheese (Swiss, Mozzarella, or a blend of your choice).
Mix together all the ingredients except the grated cheese in a bowl and allow to sit for a bit to let the flavours blend.
When you are ready, turn the mix into a suitable baking dish and cover with the grated cheese.
Bake the dish, covered with foil, in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes. I cooked mine with some spicy Italian Sausages and had them together for my supper. You could, though, make this just a simple little no-meat snack if you wanted. Just serve it piping hot!